As a result it has proved to be quite full of a variety of activities - - and to the best of my ability I have tried to take pleasure in them. It hasn't alway proved to be easy - - - but I did the best I could, and so I am once again recording A Month in Numbers.
Julie at Notes on Paper invites us all to join her in recording a synopsis of our month by making a note of significant numbers to help remember the memories - - and though I am much more of a words girl myself, I am finding it an interesting hook to use, and I am finding Julie's monthly round up surprisingly helpful to get me to make a note of stuff, though I am not a natural "counter". This is all down to a Month in Numbers and Julie, of Notes on Paper will give you full details here.
So for June -
- 1 very, very difficult anniversary - - I miss him so much - which led to my next numbers
- 2 workshops signed up for online - Catching up on my Blog reading I found a link for Find Your Voice - details can be found here - and Passport to Art - info can be found here - on Gallo Organico. My thanks to Rinda for posting the links
- 3. 5 days with our eldest daughter. I worry about her being alone - - and this first anniversary was even more of a worry. Anyway she came to stay for a long weekend and we got through together. We even managed a couple of lovely outings - to The Sound and to Milntown so I am hopeful that the weekend felt more like a short break than holding each other up - metophorically speaking.
- 4 - Cards made and sent - I am not much of a cardmaker these days but did have fun playing with scraps and was very happy with this card made for the Happy Couple
- 100 + - Rainbow Flutterings - - of paper butterflies - Die cut and assembled as table "confetti" for my friends daughter's wedding day next month. They are larger than traditional table confetti - as they are cut from Memory Box dies - - and I hope the happy couple are pleased with them and that they add the required "Rainbow" to the tables at the Wedding Breakfast. Making them got me through a very difficult anniversary - - and I will be for ever grateful to K & A for giving me a happier event to focus on. I can't give an exact number since I forgot to count them before I gave them to K & A.
June is a popular month for activities on my island - not only do we have the Annual Tourist Trophy event - (perhaps more familiarly known as TT Week) when our island is invaded - in the nicest possible way - by Bikers and their sometimes very beautiful machines; but the Mannanan Music Festival, The Queenie Festival, The Laxey Victorian Extravaganza and The Hidden Gardens of Port Erin all going on but also have new or "one time only" events to be apart of; including An Evening with Anton & Erin (think Strictly Come dancing), A 1940's Tea Dance (Fancy Dress anyone??) and A Cheese & Wine Evening. And of course - I still have my usual social activities of a weekly visit to our bar of choice, a lunch date at said bar/restaurant and my crafty get togethers with friends
- 16 tickets costing me some £240 - - written down it looks to be SUCH a huge expense! C'est la vie!
Thanks for stopping by
Bannghtyn, J x