Oh cool thinks I - so exciting - I can share my holiday snaps - er no! - still taking some of them!!
I can scan 10 pages from my last album - er no! not at home - remember???
I can list the books by my bed - er no! on that one too - can't remember ten titles!!
so all these ideas are not too practical for this month - so being on holiday - today I share with you - -
Wise words - - - that I would like my children to remember. I have been collecting words all my life and those of you who have visited me more than once will probably know of this passion of mine. Sadly I am not sure I have passed it on to my children but I have included these quotes (along with lots of others) here and there through the albums recording their lives that we call scrapbooks - in the hopes that they may just take the occasional note of them, enjoy the scraps of poetry or just the music of the words themselves. I hope you enjoy some of them - feel free to make use of them in your own albums if they appeal to you.
- A Bag of Tools -
And clowns that caper in sawdust rings
And common folk like you and me
Are the builders of eternity.
To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass and a book of rules;
And each must make, ere time is flown,
A stumbling-block or a stepping-stone.. RL Sharpe
- Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.. Albert Camus
- Reach for the moon, for if you fall you will land amongst the stars.
- Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things.. Anon
- Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.. Henry Van Dyke
- Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up.. Jesse Jackson
- Sing as if no one is listening, Dance as if no one is watching, Laugh til you ache with mirth, Love like there's no tomorrow and live as if heaven's on earth.
- You can dance anywhere, even if only in your heart.. Author Unknown
- Music is what feelings sound like.. Authur Unknown
- Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.. Maya Angelou
Bannaghtyn J x