As you probably already know Julie hosts her Month in Numbers at the end of each month and as May has had a few activities I would like to remember I participated in - recording them this way seems a good place to start.
- 2 craft club meetings instead of our usual one, this month - the first time we have had to do that - and all because my island home hosts the TT Races - which this year take place between 30th May to 12th June - meaning that road closures in the evenings would prevent our members being able to attend for our monthly "crafty get together".
|Picture from IOM TT Official Site|
|"June's" card designs|
|a sneak peak of July's design|
- 4 days of the month were accounted for by taking a trip with my sister to visit mum & dad.
- 1 of those days we spent taking mum out to Chatsworth House to visit the part of the gardens. It proved to be a lovely day - including the weather, which is always a bonus.
- 1 trip to Ikea - perhaps not of great note to those of you who have access to such stores on a daily basis - but for us islanders - a bit of a treat - and it is all too easy to get carried away, as everything seems to be such a bargain!! Our last day was spent in Liverpool - shopping - and enjoying the vibrancy of the city with sand scuptors and street entertainers - and that can't be bad can it? before getting the evening ferry back to our island.
- 6 friends who helped to make up a team of 8 people to try to solve a Murder Mystery - Murder in the Alps was performed by a local group - WASP - who offer their services as the entertainment for Fundraising Events, for local good causes. We managed a 2nd place for our team - and won the raffle. It was a really great evening, good company and great entertainment - what more can ask of an evening out?
|Photo from WASP Official website|
- 29 years of married life - The 21st day of the month saw us celebrating with a trip out and lovely lunch - more details here - but this is the waterwheel in the grounds of Milntown.
I am not quite sure where all those years went to - - - -
- 6 performers - who made up the Flamenco Dance company who entertained us royally - on the 28th day in fact, when we went to our lovely Frank Matcham designed theatre to see traditional Flamenco music and dance performed to the highest standard. I was so pleased that the theatre, though not full, had a considerable audience ,who all seemed to enjoy their virtuosity - and at least one of the dancers could be classed as "eye-candy" for the ladies - just a little something to add to mine and my daughters pleasure in the evening!
Bannaghtyn, J x