Monday 3 December 2012

December days - 3rd December Starting a new tradition - - -

- - - for the festive season? As you may know dear reader - this year for me and my family is not going to be the easiest of festive seasons to get through - but I am really trying to find as many ways to find some pleasure - however small, in what was always a favourite time of year for me - as I can, and tidying a book shelf yesterday I came across my replacement copy of this novel. Norah Lofts has always been a writer whose books I have enjoyed but this particular book has long been favourite with me, as this time it is her take on the most wonderful story of all - The Nativity. This year I am going to re read it through Advent - and perhaps hopefully, make it a new tradition - to be re read at this time each year - so if you too like to read something appropriate to either the place you are in or the time of the year - - - then for this season might I tempt you to ask - like me, and Norah Lofts , "How Far to Bethlehem?"
Thanks for stopping by
'til later
Bannaghtyn J xx
 

6 comments:

  1. will try and get that book xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotton all about the name Norah Lofts - off to google! I will be very mindful of you and your family this Christmas :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of that book. Us too having a strange christmas and determined to make the best of it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am off to 'google' this one....I have a box of books that I bring out at Christmas ..maybe this could be added to them
    Hugs
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to pick a book for the advent and making it a tradition gives you something to look forward too :)

    thinking of you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, Thanks for the recommendation, I have never heard of it and I love reading something that is based on the heart of the season in December. You have been on my mind and in my heart, my prayers will be with all of you as you journey through this first Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and welcome - thanks for taking the time to let me know you called.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...